What is Dual Boot?
Dual Boot is a word that means running 2 operating systems on one computer. This means running two different operating systems such as Windows 7 and Windows 10 on a single computer. Don't just consider them as Windows, these operating systems can also be operating systems such as Linux and Pardus. So what I mean is Dual Boot It's not just a matter of Windows operating systems.
Why doesn't the dual boot screen appear?
If you have two operating systems installed on your computer but the Dual Boot screen does not appear, it means that the boot files of the system that the operating systems are set to by default have failed. There are several ways to fix this situation. This situation happened to me recently. Despite searching for hours or even days, I could not find the answer to the problem, but with perseverance, I finally found it.
Therefore, if you are suffering from this situation, I will mention this issue in order not to deal too much. I was successful by trying only one way, but I will explain all the ways for you in detail below. I sincerely believe that the result will be positive.
1-Repair with Windows Installation Device
In this article you will need a Windows formatting device. It can be a Format CD or a Format USB, it doesn't matter.
- Plug the format device into your computer and start your computer from that device.
- Language and Keyboard when it comes to the screen you selected do not move forward and Shift and F10 Press the keys.
- In the Command Prompt that appears bcdboot D:\Windows command and press Enter.(In the D: field, type the drive letter of the disk that contains the operating system, whichever operating system is not displayed).
- Restart the computer after the process is complete.
- If the situation is still the same and there is no improvement, follow the above procedure again Command Prompt and open them respectively bootrec /FixMbr, bootrec /FixBoot, bootrec /RebuildBcd (After typing each code, run Entere press and wait).
- After running all 3 codes, restart your computer and if the result is still negative, proceed to the next step.
2-Set Default Dual Boot Screen Using Windows
In this article we will set the default display in the Dual Boot menu using any operating system that opens, according to which operating system.
- Windows search "Run." write Enter Let's do it. As a shortcut Win+R You can use the key combination.
- In the opened box "msconfig" write and "Okay." Click on the button.
- From menus "Bootstrap" menu.
- You will be presented with the operating systems installed on your computer. Click once on the second one and select "Set as Default" Click on the button.
- Before "Apply" button and then click "Okay." Click on the button.
- When you do this, you will see a warning. This warning "Restart" Answer.
- Your computer will automatically restart and dual boot screen will appear.
3-Repair Your Windows Files with Windows Command System
In this article we will repair Windows files using any operating system that opens.
- Windows search "CMD" type and it comes out "Command Prompt" by right-clicking on the tool "Run as a Manager" Say it.
- On the screen that opens "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" by typing this code "Enter" Press the key.
- The scanning process will start. "sfc /scannow" by typing the code "Enter" Press the key.
- A scan will start again. Restart your computer when the scan is finished.
- Do not touch any key while rebooting. It will automatically scan and repair any damaged Windows files on your disk.
- When the scan is finished, your computer will boot up automatically.
If you do not get any efficiency when you apply this item, you can use the following method, which is the most guaranteed method Dual Boot you can fix the problem.
4-Edit Dual Boot Screen with EasyBCD Program
With this article EasyBCD using the program Dual Boot we will customize the menu from the beginning.
1-How to Download EasyBCD?
- First of all here by clicking EasyBCD We're going to the site to download the program.
- When we go down a little bit. "Non-commercial" when you see the menu "Register" Click on the button.
- On the page that will appear, write something off the top of your head in the two blanks and "Download" Click on the button.
2-How to install EasyBCD?
- Open the program you downloaded and if prompted for an admin question "Yes." answer and proceed. A window like the one above will appear."Next" and proceed.
- This time "User Agreement" will greet you."I Agree" button to accept the agreement.
- Without changing anything in this section "Next" by clicking on the button.
- You are asked to choose where to install the program, and on this screen you are asked to choose "Install" Click on the button.
- The program will be installed automatically. When the installation is finished, you will see a window like the one above. "Finish." button to finalize the installation. The program will open automatically when the installation is finished.
3-How to use EasyBCD?
We mentioned that the program will open automatically after the installation is complete. After the program opens, follow the steps below careful you need to apply it in a way. If you make a mistake, you will not be able to use your computer at all. you may not be able to open it. So carry out each step meticulously.
- Before the program is fully opened, you will see a warning like the one above. In this screen "Okay." and proceed.
- On your computer UEFI If you are running an operating system, a warning will appear again as above. Also on this screen "Okay." and click on the button.
- After the prompts are answered, the program will open fully. The above-mentioned "Add New Record" Click on the button.
- On the screen that appears, you select the other operating system and the disk on which it is installed and give it a name. After you have done this, click on the small green box in the plus(+) Click on the button.
- This time "Show Settings" tab. Using the Show settings tab, we will see if our action was successful.
- As you can see, both Windows 7 and also Windows 10 has been added. You can close the program and restart your computer.